Is content marketing really worth the time and effort?
So many Small Business owners ask me this question, and I tell them, hell yes!
In fact, you should not just be doing it, but I believe you should invest heavily in a content marketing strategy.
CM (Content Marketing) is the process of publishing interesting information on the internet with the view of drawing your ideal prospect’s interest to your opinions, events, expertise, products or services.
You might use engaging articles, opinion pieces, photos, videos, white papers, infographics, a podcast, a blog or anything else that your ideal prospects may be interested in engaging with.
HIGH-QUALITY CONTENT IS THE KEY
If you are going to attract and retain people’s attention, you need high-quality content which they will love to consume and share. But if you run a quality business, and you’ve got a clear message; content marketing should just be an extension of your current marketing message.
You simply need to amplify your message in an engaging way, and the best place to start is with what you are passionate about and start letting the world know about what you’re passionate about.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Find your rant, your passionate position, opinion or expertise.
- Find out what your ideal client is searching for by asking them and asking Google.
- Find out what bothers them and what they need a solution for.
- Start creating content about their problems and offer interesting solutions.
- Keep creating content until hell freezes over.
The key to great content is in solving problems or pointing people in a helpful direction.
With this in mind you should create content that is:
- Written for a particular kind of person.
- Answers a popular question.
- Helpful enough for it to be shared.
- Draws your ideal client to identify with you.
- Written to position you as the person with credible answers.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR CONTENT MARKETING?